Father’s Day is approaching quickly. What do you have planned?
Like mothers, most fathers are pretty easy to please on their designated holiday. As long as we show care, put some thought into it, and take their likes and dislikes into account, they appreciate whatever we do for them.
In this short post, we’ll share some good restaurants in the area that always offer great Father’s Day specials. We’ll also share some family activities that the dads in our lives will love.
The key to a successful Father’s Day is to listen. If Dad is stressed out, one of the best gifts you can give him is leaving him alone and letting him do what he enjoys in the morning– reading the paper, watching television, reading a book, playing a round of golf, or anything else he likes.
Then, spend some quality time with him. It’s really that simple.
Father’s Day Food
There isn’t a shortage of great restaurants between Bedford and Fort Worth. You may need to drive a little longer than usual, and make reservations– but it’s all worth it for a great meal with your family, right?
Here are our recommendations:Humperdink’s in Arlington – Humperdink’s will serve a three-course brunch on Father’s Day, which includes breakfast tacos, chicken and waffles, eggs benedict, and much more. Make reservations here.
- Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill in Addison – Chamberlain’s is serving a variety of Father’s Day drink specials, as well as plenty of different steak and seafood options. You can make reservations here.
- Artin’s American Grill in Plano – Plenty of great food and a low key atmosphere. You can’t go wrong. More information is available here.
- The Capital Grille in Fort Worth – Bone-in ribeye and plenty of other options. Need we say more? Make reservations here.
If you’re looking for even more options, CBS Local has some great suggestions here.
Father’s Day Activities
Once you make your brunch, lunch, or dinner reservations, check with Dad and see if he’s up for another family activity.
Many area businesses offer Father’s Day specials, so you’ll definitely be able to find something fun to suit his tastes.
Here are some options:
- Legoland in Grapevine – Legoland is offering dads a free ticket, as long as you purchase one other adult ticket. This activity is sure to please the kids, too. You can get tickets here.
- Lunar Mini Golf in Fort Worth – Lunar Mini Golf offers a unique miniature golf experience, and it’s a great way to have fun and relax. Here’s a great coupon for discounted admission.
- Cowtown Bowling Palace in Fort Worth – You can get 51% off bowling with this coupon.
- Fort Worth Aviation Museum – Museums are fun, relaxing, and educational. The Fort Worth Aviation museum is sure to please Dad if he’s a history buff or an aviation enthusiast. You can get discounted admission here.
If you’re looking for gift ideas, this Forbes article is a great place to start.
Have a safe and happy Father’s Day!
~Dr. Marea White