Are you feeling rushed trying to think of a way to make Valentine’s day special for your family? Aren’t we busy enough without the added pressure?
Valentine’s day may be a Hallmark holiday but really, it’s about showing those you love how much you care, right? At least I hope it is.
Here’s how I propose we do away with the stress of another holiday: make dinner with your family. Time spent together is so valuable. I found a quick, yummy, and healthy recipe that will have your family working together… and who doesn’t like homemade pizza?
This recipe from Delish online, looks like fun for the whole family to make! And it’s healthy! Win, win!
Serves 4. Total cook time is 35 minutes. Set oven at 450-degrees.
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- I medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 8 oz. broccoli florets cut into 11- 2 inch pieces
- ¼ Cup water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (15-19 oz) Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 whole wheat pitas, sliced in half horizontally
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 med. plum tomatoes, cut into ½ inch chunks.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F. In nonstick, 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add broccoli florets, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, with potato masher or fork, mash beans with ricotta and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt until almost smooth.
- Arrange pita halves on 2 large cookie sheets. Bake 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread bean mixture on toasted pitas. Top with broccoli mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 7 to 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with tomatoes to serve.
We Have the Food, Now What About the Gift?
What do you get for your spouse? That’s easy!
We are currently offering a Valentine’s, two for one whitening special! You can give each other the gift of a beautifully white smile for half the price! Our Lumibrite whitening process is well worth it.
Call our office to set up an appointment today because nothing says romance like a pretty smile!
~Dr. Marea White