Have you ever wondered how our teeth stack up against those of other creatures? Well, here are some fascinating shark teeth facts to chew on!
1) Shark teeth don’t have roots, so they fall out easily while the shark is eating.
2) Sharks typically lose at least one tooth per week.
3) Shark teeth are arranged in conveyor belt rows and can be replaced within a day.
4) Most sharks have five rows of teeth; the bull shark has fifty rows of teeth.
5) Baby sharks (pups) are born with a complete set of teeth.
6) The coating of shark teeth is acid resistant and contains fluoride.
7) Sharks don’t get cavities.
8) The insides of both shark and human teeth contain a soft mineral known as dentin.
9) Shark teeth and human teeth are equally hard.
10) Some shark species have flattened teeth due to their diet of hard-shelled crabs and mollusks.
I hope you enjoyed this fun list of shark teeth facts!
Are you jealous of the sharks, or are you glad that once you have a great set of teeth, you don’t have to worry about getting a new one?
Just remember, for better or worse: since you don’t have instantly replaceable teeth, let us help you protect the one set you have!
Call us today!
~Dr. Marea White